A Thankful Heart: #1

Saturday, November 3, 2012
I decided to dedicate the month of November to a whole month of thanks.
Not just one day. But the entire month.
Therefore, one day each week I will record the reasons why I am feeling thankful.
I am hoping this will help me try to understand how amazingly blessed I am and how there are so many things I have to be thankful for.
I'm going to attempt to take note throughout the week of the simple joys that occurred and made my heart smile.
Then I shall post them here.
Sometimes it might be one thing, other times it could be 10. I'm not making any guarantees.
I just thought it would be a good idea, so here it goes :)

This week hardly counts being that we are only in the 3rd of November, but hey the more reasons to be thankful the better right?

1) Doctors, and anyone in medicine for that matter.
[I could NEVER do what doctors do... the reason being that I pass out at the sight of blood and feel woozy the second someone mentions the word "nerve." When I got surgery the entire hospital knew me as the "fainter." So there are people like me, and people like them. Boy am I thankful we have people like "them."]
That would be me after surgery. Thank you to my doctors for fixing me!


2) Cameras. 
[I would be lost without my camera. I take pictures every chance I get. Memories are so important to me, I try to savor them for as long as I possibly can. Luckily, with the click of a button I can do that! I can replay any memory instantly.]
I was beyond excited when I opened this present on my birthday :)

3) My Father: aka fajaa. 
[After my brothers football game last night my dad and I got to go home together and spend some father daughter time together. It reminded me of old times. He made a mini sandwich on a Hawaiian sweet roll and we just talked, which is one of my favorite things to do with him. We planned to go hiking next weekend and then PPR came on and we watched together, just me and him. When I said goodnight we embraced, there is nothing like a fathers hug. He walked me to the door and then stayed there until I drove away. He always makes me feel so loved and safe. I know he cares about me so very much and I'm so thankful I can feel his love for me. For some reason my dad and I just "click." Maybe its because we are complete opposites, maybe its because I'm a total "daddy's girl", or maybe its because I admire the man he is today. I'm not quite sure, but I'm so glad our relationship has been strengthened over the years. He will always have a special place in my heart, I have such a soft spot for him. Last night I was calling out "dad!" to get his attention but he wasn't responding. Then I called out "fajaa!" only one time and he immediately looked around for me. Everyone has a dad, but I have the most special fajaa and an even more special relationship with him. I love him to the moon and back, always have and always will!]
And there he is! I sure do love him :)

Well, that's it for now. I think three things to be thankful for is good since we are only in the third day of November.
Now my heart feels happy, I like this idea a lot.
I'm thankful that I thought about doing it!
Oops... that's number 4 ;)

Happy November!
All my love,
Aleigh Joy

No comments